Wednesday, April 9, 2014

2:00 am

It was 2:00 a.m when I finally finished reading 'Wild', the best seller book by Cheryl Strayed about her journey in the PCT back in 1995.
Everyone just left few hours ago after a lot (but never enough...) of hugging and kissing.
Everything was very quite around, Roi went to sleep 1 hour ago. The feeling was weird. It's the 3rd time we are leaving for a long multiple months trip, but yet this time it felt different.
Maybe because we're older or maybe because we were so busy working like crazy in the past few years that we forgot how it is like to leave everything behind...
In 3.5 hours the alarm clock will sing it's song, the perfect time to enjoy the last shower :)
I think I stood under the water like 30 minutes, hoping Roi will not wake up and yell at me to stop wasting all the water in Kinneret (words every child of a national water org employee knows by heart).
I was thinking about the long days we will have, wondering whether we are ready for it, whether our gear is good enough, whether we will have enough food and water...
I kept wondering and wondering and ended up looking like a cooked shrimp from all the hot water.
That was a sign for me to get out of the shower and go to sleep.
Good luck for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment